As you are probably aware, Maricopa County Public Health recently confirmed a second presumptive case of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Maricopa County. This risk to Maricopa County residents, including the Noah Webster Schools community, is believed to be low at this time. We understand there is much concern over this new strain, and MCDPH is committed to providing the most up-to-date information, please see attached.
What is Noah Webster Schools (NWS) doing to protects staff and students against COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
- NWS has been closely monitoring information from the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS), the Maricopa County Department of Health (MCDPH), Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are in regular communication with AZDHS and MCDPH to ensure we have up to date information concerning the COVID-19 and any other potential health concerns to our community.
- The likelihood of one of our campuses being closed is very low. In the event that a school closure is recommended by the MCDPH, NWS will communicate all necessary information through electronic and telephonic communication, social media, or on our school website, www.noahwebster.org
- In the event of an announced outbreak (or other similar situation) occurring during school hours, we would notify parents via electronic and telephonic communication, social media, school website and telephone, if necessary. In this instance, parents would have to arrange pick up of their student(s) immediately. Please ensure that the Front Office is updated with your current contact information.
- NWS is methodical in our fight against all germs, including the COVID-19. Communal surfaces classrooms, bathrooms, water fountains, playground equipment, etc. are disinfected on a frequent and ongoing basis
- Our health office staff sends home students that appear to be sick in accordance with the NWS parent handbook. Any student exhibiting signs of a communicable disease will need to be medically cleared in accordance with AZDHS, MCDPH and CDC guidelines.
Because protection from all respiratory viruses is similar, this is a good time to review strategies we can all use to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, such as the flu:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and keep sick children home as well.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, and immediately discard any tissues.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Help NWS keep our students safe by donating a box of tissues today.
Please click HERE to view the letter from the Maricopa County Department of Public Health regarding COVID-19.
Noah Webster Schools