Welcome to Kindergarten at Noah Webster Schools!
Kindergarten is an exciting time for teachers, students and parents! Come Kindergarten, your child will be ready to take the world by storm! By this time, they’ll be comfortable being away from home all day and used to the classroom environment. Your child will continue to work with the latest technologies to better improve their education, enhance the curriculum they are learning and have fun while doing so.
During the school year, your kindergartner will venture away from the traditional classroom setting and discover new ways of learning by attending scheduled field trips. Accompanied by volunteered chaperones and teachers, field trips are a great way to transfer and apply the topics, subjects and overall curriculum taught in-class to the real world.
Welcome! The Kindergarten teaching team would like to welcome you to Kindergarten. We look forward to meeting you virtually at Open House on Saturday, August 15, 2020. More information about Open House will be coming soon.
We are doing things a little differently from previous years to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. First, we are no longer having shared classroom supplies. Each child will have his or her own materials and supplies. Secondly, we are attempting to maximize space in the classroom, therefore we are sending out a minimal list of supplies your child will need. Teachers may request some additional supplies throughout the year as the need arises.
Please, remember to label all of your student’s belongings (jacket, water bottle, backpack, and lunch box) in addition to their supplies, with first and last name. This will help locate them should items become lost.
If your child will not be attending Noah Webster Schools, please contact the front office at 480.291.6900 (Pima) or 480.986.2335 (Mesa).
2020-2021 SUPPLY LIST
- 1 composition notebook
- 1 pencil box
- 1 package of #2 wooden pencils & 1 package of pink erasers
- 1 box of crayons (24 count) & 1 box of colored pencils
- 1 package of thick markers, assorted colors
- 1 package of thin markers, assorted colors
- 1 package of thick tip dry erase markers
- 1 package of glue sticks
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 container of play dough
- 1 water color palette with paint brush
- 4 plastic bendable 2-pocket poly folders, no prongs
Parents will be responsible for sending their child to school each day with:
- 2 clean face coverings
- A full refillable water bottle.
**OPTIONAL** – 1 travel size bottle of hand sanitizer for personal use to be kept in backpack
As the first day of school approaches we have parents ask us if there is anything that they can do to help get their child(ren) ready for kindergarten. Below you will find a helpful list of things that you may work on with your child(ren) to help ensure they are prepared for their first day of school.
- Tie their shoes
- Properly blow their nose
- Wash their hands, good hygiene practices
- Hold a pencil correctly
- Pack and unpack backpack by themselves
- Recognize numbers 1-10
- Write their name properly, first letter capitalized and the rest lowercase
- Recognize their name
- Identify shapes
- Identify colors
- Encourage coloring
- Recognize numbers and letters out of sequence
- Say the ABC’s
- Put on and zip jackets by themselves
- Button/zip pants
- Boys: how to use a urinal properly because the kindergarten boys bathroom has one in there
- Hold scissors properly and cut with scissors
- Count together with your child to practice verbal counting skills
- Please try not to send things in their lunches that they cannot open themselves
Kindergarten Teaching Team
Noah Webster Schools