Welcome to Kindergarten at Noah Webster Schools!
Kindergarten is an exciting time for teachers, students and parents! Come Kindergarten, your child will be ready to take the world by storm! Your child will continue to work with the latest technologies along with tried and true teaching practices to better improve their education, enhance the curriculum they are learning and have fun while doing so.
During the school year, your kindergartner will venture away from the traditional classroom setting and discover new ways of learning by attending scheduled field trips. Accompanied by volunteered chaperones and teachers, field trips are a great way to transfer and apply the topics, subjects and overall curriculum taught in-class to the real world.
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! The kindergarten teaching team would like to welcome you to kindergarten. We look forward to meeting you at Open House prior to the first day of school. At Open House you will be able to find out who your child’s teacher is and meet them. Open House is also a time when you can learn about other activities and services provided by the school such as transportation, food services, aftercare, and after school programs. Stay tuned for more information via email regarding Open House.
Below you will find the supply list for kindergarten. If your teacher needs additional items, they will inform you throughout the school year. In addition, prior to sending in any items not listed on the supply list, please check with your child’s teacher.
Please remember to label all of your student’s personal belongings (jacket, water bottle, backpack, and lunch box) with first and last name. This will help locate them should items become misplaced.
If your child will not be attending Noah Webster Schools, please contact the front office at 480-291-6900 (Pima) or 480-986-2335 (Mesa).
2022-2023 SUPPLY LIST
- 1 composition notebook
- 1 primary jounral composition book (Click HERE for example)
- 1 pencil box
- 1 package of #2 wooden pencils (Ticonderoga brand preferred)
- 1 package of pink erasers
- 2 boxes of crayons (24 count)
- 1 box of colored pencils
- 1 package of markers
- 1 package of thick tip dry erase markers
- 2 packages of glue sticks
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 container of play dough
- 1 water color palette with paint brush
- 4 plastic bendable 2-pocket poly folders, no prongs
- 1 box of tissues
- 1 roll of paper towels
- Parents are responsible for sending their child to school daily with a refillable water bottle
There is a one-time classroom supply fee that can be paid at Open House in the classroom (cash or check only):
- KG – 2nd grade: $10.00
- 3rd – 6th grade: $14.00
As the first day of school approaches we have parents ask us if there is anything that they can do to help get their child(ren) ready for kindergarten. Below you will find a helpful list of things that you may work on with your child(ren) to help ensure they are prepared for their first day of school.
- Properly blow their nose
- Wash their hands, good hygiene practices
- Hold a pencil correctly
- Hold scissors properly and cut with scissors
- Pack and unpack backpack by themselves
- Identify shapes
- Identify colors
- Say the ABC’s
- Count together with your child to practice verbal counting skills
- Put on and zip jackets by themselves
- Button/zip pants
Kindergarten Teaching Team
Noah Webster Schools