Welcome to 6th Grade at Noah Webster Schools!
6th grade year at Noah Webster Schools is a mentally stimulating and thrilling time for students. As they prepare for the transition into junior high, Noah Webster provides a departmentalized learning model. Each 6th grade teacher teaches a core subject while the students rotate through the classrooms for each of the core academic subjects similar to a junior high/middle school. As they enter their final year at Noah Webster Schools, they’ll find that they are now the wise 6th graders that younger students look up to.
Every year our 6th graders enjoy some time spent outside of the classroom as they go on field trips to continue the learning in a new and exciting location. All field trips will align with the curriculum and complement a specific subject, topic or course the students are learning at that time. While field trips often vary from year to year, some past 6th grade field trips have included trips to Renaissance Festival and even an overnight Science Camp trip!
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! The sixth-grade teaching team would like to welcome you to sixth grade. We look forward to meeting you at Open House prior to the first day of school. At Open House you will be able to find out who your child’s teacher is and meet them. Open House is also a time when you can learn about other activities and services provided by the school such as transportation, food services, aftercare, and after school programs. Stay tuned for more information via email regarding Open House.
Below you will find the supply list for 6th grade. If your teacher needs additional items, they will inform you throughout the school year. In addition, prior to sending in any items not listed on the supply list, please check with your child’s teacher.
Please remember to label all of your student’s personal belongings (jacket, water bottle, backpack, and lunch box) with first and last name. This will help locate them should items become misplaced.
If your child will not be attending Noah Webster Schools, please contact the front office at 480-291-6900 (Pima) or 480-986-2335 (Mesa).
2023-2024 SUPPLY LIST
- Pouch for supplies
- 4 single subject spiral notebooks
- 2 heavy duty 2-pocket poly folders
- 1 pair of earbuds/headphones for laptops
- 2 large packages of #2 wooden pencils (Ticonderoga brand preferred)
- 1 package of pink erasers or pencil tip erasers
- 1 set of colored pencils
- 1 package of dry erase markers
- 1 package of glue sticks
- 1 package of highlighters
- 3 boxes of tissues
- 3 rolls of paper towels
- Boys: 2 packages of wide-ruled lined paper
- Girls: 1 package of white copy paper
- Parents are responsible for sending their child to school daily with a refillable water bottle
- There is a one-time $15.00 classroom supply fee that can be paid at Open House in the classroom (cash or check only)
6th Grade Teaching Team
Noah Webster Schools