Welcome to 3rd Grade at Noah Webster Schools!
3rd grade is a big year for our students. They are no longer in the “younger half” of grade levels—they are growing older, wiser and even taller! Not to mention they are learning to solve more and more complex problems.
While technology is nothing new for our 3rd graders, it is something that they have learned to work with, navigate on and use to benefit them in their education; all things we strive to promote here at Noah Webster Schools. It is through this structured curriculum that our teachers encourage 3rd graders to ask questions and try their very best!
During the school year, 3rd grades will apply their in-classroom learning to the outside world by attending scheduled fieldtrips. Students will discover different methods of learning and experience firsthand how the subjects, topics and overall curriculum taught in the classroom relate to real-life scenarios. Our scheduled fieldtrips vary throughout each school year, in previous 3rd grade students have taken exciting trips to the Boyce Thomson Arboretum, Arizona Museum of Natural History, AZ Space and Science Center, Liberty Wildlife Refuge, and the IMAX Theater.
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! The third-grade teaching team would like to welcome you to third grade. We look forward to meeting you at Open House prior to the first day of school. At Open House you will be able to find out who your child’s teacher is and meet them. Open House is also a time when you can learn about other activities and services provided by the school such as transportation, food services, aftercare, and after school programs. Stay tuned for more information via email regarding Open House.
Below you will find the supply list for 3rd grade. If your teacher needs additional items, they will inform you throughout the school year. In addition, prior to sending in any items not listed on the supply list, please check with your child’s teacher.
Please remember to label all of your student’s personal belongings (jacket, water bottle, backpack, and lunch box) with first and last name. This will help locate them should items become misplaced.
If your child will not be attending Noah Webster Schools, please contact the front office at 480-291-6900 (Pima) or 480-986-2335 (Mesa).
2023-2024 SUPPLY LIST
- Pencil box
- 2 wide-ruled spiral notebooks
- 2 plastic, 3-prong, 2-pocket poly folders
- 1 pair of earbuds/headphones for laptops
- 1 box of crayons (24 count)
- 2 large packages of #2 wooden pencils (Pre-sharpened preferred)
- 1 package of pencil top erasers or large pink erasers
- 2 package of thick tip dry erase markers
- 1 package of highlighters
- 1 package of blue pens or colored pens
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 package of standard size glue sticks
- 1 pack of lined paper
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 box of tissues
- Parents are responsible for sending their child to school daily with a refillable water bottle
- There is a one-time $15.00 classroom supply fee that can be paid at Open House in the classroom (cash or check only)
3rd Grade Teaching Team
Noah Webster Schools