Welcome to 2nd Grade at Noah Webster Schools!
During 2nd grade, students will begin to expand upon their previous foundational knowledge from both Kindergarten and 1st grade, working to build upon all areas of knowledge, while also being introduced to new topics and lessons. Through interactive instruction, your child will start getting things off the ground and begin experiencing entirely new ways of learning various subjects—all while having fun!
Throughout the school year, 2nd grade students are introduced to different methods of learning by venturing away from the classroom to attend scheduled fieldtrips. Field trips are a time for students to apply the subjects and topics learned in the classroom directly to the real world, all while getting out of the classroom! Field trips have varied throughout the years, but some of the previous 2nd grade field trips have included the Butterfly Museum, Gilbert Riparian, I.D.E.A Museum, and Bodyology the Musical.
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! The second-grade teaching team would like to welcome you to second grade. We look forward to meeting you at Open House prior to the first day of school. At the Open House you will be able to find out who your child’s teacher is and meet them. Open House is also a time when you can learn about other activities and services provided by the school such as transportation, food services, aftercare, and after school programs. Stay tuned for more information via email regarding Open House.
Below you will find the supply list for 2nd grade. If your teacher needs additional items, they will inform you throughout the school year. In addition, prior to sending in any items not listed on the supply list, please check with your child’s teacher.
Please, remember to label all of your student’s personal belongings (jacket, water bottle, backpack, and lunch box) with first and last name. This will help locate them should items become misplaced.
If your child will not be attending Noah Webster Schools, please contact the front office at 480.291.6900 (Pima) or 480.986.2335 (Mesa).
2021-2022 SUPPLY LIST
- 1 pencil box or pouch with zipper
- 1 backpack
- 2 spiral notebooks (wide ruled, 70-100 pages each), solid colors
- 1 composition book (these are the small non-spiral notebooks)
- 3 plastic bendable 2-pocket poly folders with prongs.
- 1 set Earbuds/headphones for tablets/laptops
- 1 large package of #2 wooden pencils (Ticonderoga brand preferred)
- 1 package of pencil top erasers or a large pink eraser
- 1 package of highlighters
- 1 box of crayons (24 count)
- 1 package of thick tip dry erase markers
- 1 package of glue sticks
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 box of tissues
- Boys: 1 ream of white copy paper
- Girls: 1 package of construction paper/colored paper
- Parents are responsible for sending their child to school daily with a refillable water bottle
There is a one-time classroom supply fee that can be paid at Open House in the classroom (cash or check only):
- KG – 2nd grade: $8.00
- 3rd – 6th grade: $12.00
2nd Grade Teaching Team
Noah Webster Schools